Monday, December 19, 2016

Conor McGregor: I could fight sooner after screwing up girlfriend’s due date

UFC icon Conor McGregor has revealed he may be back inside the Octagon before the summer.
The current lightweight champion is expecting his first child, but admits he could squeeze in a fight before the birth of his baby.
His win against Eddie Alvarez last month left the Irishman as a two-weight world champion, adding the lightweight title after picking up the featherweight belt with a 13 second KO victory over Jose Aldo last year.
He told RTE: “I’m very excited about fatherhood, excited and nervous at the same time. I cannot wait.
“As far as a break, I know [UFC president] Dana White has been on record saying I’m taking 10 months off. I thought the baby was being born in March, but it’s May, so maybe I could get another one in. I did say I was going to take a break but a Christmas break. It’s the holidays, at least give me them off. We’ll see what happens in the future.”
McGregor has also not ruled out the possibility of a making a switch to boxing, with rumors of a potential mouth-watering matchup against Floyd Mayweather.

He has recently obtained a boxing license in California, and said of the possible switch:
“Maybe I can conquer the boxing scene as well, that’s a serious conversation that’s happening. I’ve got the wrestling guys contacting me now, I’ve got Hollywood contacting me.
“[Mayweather’s] last pay-per-view was 350,000 buys, it was a flop, it was a dud.
“I certainly don’t need him. Of course that’s the fight everyone wants to see, but these things take time.”
The Notorious recently was stripped of his featherweight belt, which he has failed to defend since he won the title, fighting Nate Diaz twice at welterweight before the fight with Alvarez.
His old enemy Aldo has been installed as the champion with Max Holloway, another fallen opponent, holding the interim title.
McGregor said: “I’m still the two-weight world champion. They can say what they want, they can give phony belts to guys I’ve already destroyed. The current champion is a guy I KO’d in 13 seconds, the current interim champion is a guy I destroyed as well.
“Officially I don’t care what nobody says. I am the two-weight champion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment