Sunday, July 26, 2015

Golfer loses US Junior Amateur, gets date with Holly Sonders instead

Holly Sonders is going to prom! (USATSI)Andrew Orischak led the US Junior Amateur by five holes with just eight to play in the match play format in South Carolina on Saturday.
He lost five of the next eight as well as the extra hole and Philip Barbaree took home the trophy.
“The whole week I just said I was going to hit one shot at a time and I thought that the mentally toughest person was going to win,” said Orischak. “And it wasn't me because I got ahead of myself. I was thinking about winning before the match was over, and I still had golf to be played.”
But Orischak's effort wasn't all for naught.
He'd made a bet with commentator Holly Sonders that if he won the tournament she would have to go to prom with him. He didn't, but she still decided she would attend.
It's probably not the ending Orischak was looking for (the trophy plus the girl), but at least he didn't come up completely empty-handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment