Sunday, March 27, 2016

Video allegedly shows 5-star Miss. St. signee hitting woman

A video obtained by WCBI-TV in Mississippi allegedly shows Mississippi State signee Jeffery Simmons punching a woman.
The video shows a man purported to be Simmons, along with another person, punching a woman several times while she was lying on the ground. According to an apology reportedly posted to Facebook by Simmons, the assault was in response to comments made about a deceased family member.
“I take full responsibility for my actions. What was I thinking? Honestly, I wasn’t thinking, all I could think was this is my family and I am supposed to defend my family,” Simmons wrote.
 
Here is Simmons’ full apology:
 

Alex McDaniel
MSU signee Jeffery Simmons speaks out after violent video surfaces

WCBI-TV is reporting that police in Macon, Miss., “is aware of the incident,” but have not commented. According to The Clarion-Ledger, Mississippi State and head coach Dan Mullen “did not return multiple requests for comment on the situation.” Additionally, the Clarion-Ledger said it was unable to confirm WCBI-TV’s report.
Simmons, the top-rated player from Mississippi in the 2016 class, signed with MSU in February in a somewhat surprising decision. Simmons, who was rated as the 15th-best player in the country by Rivals.com, was expected to choose either Ole Miss or Alabama.
Simmons has been expected to enroll at MSU this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment