Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pierre Thomas opens up about witnessing Will Smith's death

Former New Orleans Saints running back Pierre Thomas was reportedly out to dinner with ex-teammate Will Smith and former New Orleans Police Department commander Billy Ceravolo on Saturday night, shortly before Smith was shot and killed.
In an Instagram post on Tuesday, Thomas said he witnessed Smith being killed and talked about the emotions of it. Here is the caption to the photo with expletives edited out:
"The last few days has been a whirlwind and I am still trying to wrap my head around this whole thing. I flew out of New Orleans last night and back to Chicago because I couldn't think straight... I witnessed a close friend, teammate and a man that I thought of as one of my big brothers in the NFL shot to death OVER A (EXPLETIVE) FENDER BENDER!!!! Why!? I just don't get it... these images that I have in my head will never leave me and I understand that and will have to live with it. I want to thank each and everyone of you, my family, friends, fans and the entire Who Dat Nation for all of your thoughts and prayers.... But let's send them instead to Will's family- his wife and 3 kids who have to be strong during this difficult time.
"People!! When is this (expletive) going to stop? There is so much senseless killing going on in our world, and I'm not saying that I have the answers to fix it... but I am willing to do my part to help and find a solution. My heart is heavy and I wish I could turn back the hands of time, but what is done is done. Sadly my friend is gone but he will never be forgotten. Rest In Peace Will."



Fletcher Mackel of WSDU in New Orleans tweeted this picture, which was apparently from last Saturday night:

Fletcher Mackel
Photo: Will Smith 1-hour before being shot & killed, w/Pierre Thomas & former NOPD commander Billy Ceravolo. So sad.
NOLA.com tweeted out this photo of Thomas at the scene of Smith's death:

New Orleans Saints
Pierre Thomas: 'I witnessed a close friend, teammate, big brother shot to death'

No comments:

Post a Comment