Friday, June 19, 2015

Blackhawks fan wins $5 million after emergency bathroom stop at CVS

CA Lottery
The Chicago Blackhawks are an incredible hockey team, but to win the Stanley Cup you have to have a little puck luck; like, for example, being at the right place on the ice at the right time to make a play.
Right place, right time. These are the words the best describe what happened to Blackhawks fan Jennifer Daniel this week.
So does the word “lucky.” So does the word “relieved,” in every sense of it.
Daniel was driving to work this week when she had to make an emergency pit stop at a CVS in Modesto, Calif. “I stopped to use the restroom because I couldn’t hold it until I got to the office,” explained Daniel. “I walked into the CVS, used the restroom and on my way out I saw the Lottery machine.”
The game was Ultimate Riches, a scratch-off game. She popped $20 into the machine. She grabbed her ticket. She scratched off the barcode, scanned it in the machine … and the screen announced she was a winner.
Actually, not just a winner: a millionaire. This fortuitous bathroom break, and her playing the lottery on the way out, won Daniel a $5 million jackpot.
She did the “holding the big fake check” photo this week, proudly rocking her Chicago Blackhawks hat.
“My number one thing is to pay off my parents’ house and pay off their car so my mom can retire. And then I want to pay off my own house and put some money aside for my son’s school. I want to invest most of it,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment