Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Tennis Star Chris Evert Blames Menopause for Her Divorce from Olympian Andy Mill

Tennis star Chris Evert spoke candidly about her marriage to Olympian Andy Mill, revealing that menopause played a part in their 2006 divorce.
Although Evert, 61, didn’t go too far into the specifics during a Tuesday appearance on Lance Armstrong’s The Forward Podcast, she did hint that the hormonal changes associated with menopause had negative affects on her 18-year marriage.
“We had a rough couple of years, because I married Greg Norman who was Andy’s friend,” she said. “I don’t know, I was going through menopausal stuff that doesn’t get talked about enough – what women go through, you know, at 50ish.”
Evert and Norman ultimately split after just 15 months of marriage.
“I spent the summer in Aspen healing,” she told PEOPLE after the divorce. “Things are back to normal, and my sons are my first priority.”
Despite their tough time, Evert and Mill, 63, remained cordial as they share three children; Colton, 20, Nicholas, 22, and Alexander, 24.
“You know, Andy and I are still a family without living together. I think that’s the best way to put it,” Evert added.

No comments:

Post a Comment